HondaGuygold
HondaGuygold, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Ase Certified Master Technician .Able to fix all makes and models.
3827149

Odyssey: Have an 07 odyssey EX-L. Eco mode goes on and off

Customer Question

Have an 07 odyssey EX-L. Eco mode goes on and off quite often, even at low speeds. When that happens, the transmission seems to kick the van a little bit, like a small slip. The computer does not give any transmission error. I searched on the internet and there are people posting about the van to shudder (which is not my case) and the potential solutions being:
* rear engine mount
* software updates
* torque converter
* VCM system and/or the computer
* replace a computer located behind the front interior light and the front speakers,
juddering
* Cat Converter
I need some advise since otherwise I'm afraid the mechanic at the dealership will send me home since the computer does not give any error.
Category: Transmissions
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The questions are around:* Is it normal for the ECO to be on and off so often? Even at very low speeds in the city?
* It is normal for the van to kick every time this happens?
* What is the solution considering the computer did not give any error?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The van only has 150,000 Km which is equal to 93,200 miles, I just bought it and have no history of repairs being done but computer indicated there is no record of any transmission issue at all
Expert:  HondaGuygold replied 1 year ago.
It is normal that's how the system is designed. But there was a an Ecm update the dealer will do that will fix the issue and you will not notice this as much. There is nothing mechanically wrong with the transmission so no worries there. Just a computer update and you will be fine. These are the next steps. Please rate excellent service so I can get credit for my help thanks. Bonuses greatly appreciated.