sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep master tech ASE Master and Advanced Certified, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep Master Certified, Trans Specialist
9825021

2007 Dodge Charger 2.7L V6 auto 142k miles. When the car

Customer Question

2007 Dodge Charger 2.7L V6 auto 142k miles. When the car shifts some times, it'll make a loud roaring noise in the front end before shifting. The car shifts through all the gears. I had the transmission fluid and screen changed at a transmission shop and
it didn't seem to help any.
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to Justanswer!
There are many things that could be causing a noise in the front. If it happens on acceleration, comes from the front, and is related to engine speed then the first thing I would suspect is belt resonance. You may be able to duplicate the issue revving the engine while sitting still or brake torquing it to the RPM when the issue happens. If the belt is stretched enough, the tensioner is weak or there is an issue with one of the engine accessories it can cause the belt to flutter and resonate causing a growling type noise.