Lou P.
Lou P., ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  I Have knowledge in almost all car lines and can help with general questions and more!!!!!
27644750

Dodge 1500: I was driving a 03 Dodge standard everything works

Customer Question

I was driving a 03 Dodge standard everything works perfect. I put in 5th. No hot rodding just normal. Now its stuck in 5th. Started . killed. Whatever stuck in 5th. What's up
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  Lou P. replied 1 year ago.
Ok I'm assuming you mean manual transmission ? The trans linkage is all internal. The trans will have to be removed and disassembled , but sounds like the fork had broken possible locking the synchro on the gear. I actually have one torn apart at my shop now because the clutch tore up the input shaft. But again you will have to have the trans removed and inspected. Also Napa sells the trans rebuilt for about 1800$ I think if I remember correctly. It is pretty easy to install. Hope this information helps. Lou