Pete, Automotive Mechanic
Experience:  GM and Mercedes vehicle technician.17 years experience.
14928985

Saab 9-3 SE: 1999 SAAB 9-3 Se new clutch pressure plate throw

Customer Question

1999 SAAB 9-3 Se new clutch pressure plate throw out bearing reservoir, all forward gears engage and work like new. Now reverse gear is a different matter, it's able to be shifted into position after some struggle but once in it engages with flywheel and the engine toques and Jesus pushing the clutch pedal through the firewall and perhaps as far up as the radiator could not get the reverse gear from disengaging! By the way I had the flywheel turned and they removed about .30 + -
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
My info is limited on your model here but I see no one else has responded and thought I would see if I can help here.
From what you have described here this sounds like a possible internal fault in the transmission itself.There sounds to be a component binding or possibly even broken in the transmission causing this issue.If you know for sure the clutch and clutch components are o.k. (which it sounds like they are since all other gears are o.k. with shifting) the transmission will need to be inspected to pinpoint the cause and repaired from there.
Thanks Pete
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

I am following up with you to see if you still needed help with your question you had asked.If my help didn't satisfy your question please let me know so we can continue.

Thanks Pete