FSM09
FSM09, Other
Experience:  Ford Senior Master, specialty in diesels, drive trains, and powertrain.
74859263

I Just bought a 2009 Escape XLT 6cyl. Having jerking trans

Customer Question

I Just bought a 2009 Escape XLT 6cyl. Having jerking trans problem 0-5kmh Intermittent and not repeatable. Though it is annoying Is it a terminal problem .
Submitted: 1 year ago via CarComplaints.com.
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  FSM09 replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thanks for choosing just answer. I would disconnect the battery for 20 minutes and reconnect. See if your concern goes away. If it does then it is a programming error. There have been many updates to correct transmission concerns on this vehicle. I don't think it's anything bad. It sounds like the transmission just learned some bad habits. To have the PCM updated I would go through a dealer. I would ask them to reset the transmission shift strategy when they do the reprogram as well. This should fix your concern.
You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.
Expert:  FSM09 replied 1 year ago.
Hello how are you?
I wanted to check in and see if you have any other questions?
Please rate my answer so I can receive my compensation for helping you.