Pete, Automotive Mechanic
Experience:  GM and Mercedes vehicle technician.17 years experience.
14928985

Our volkswagon beetle is from 1998 and we change the stick

Customer Question

Our volkswagon beetle is from 1998 and we change the stick because we could not enter into first gear or to reverse. Now it enters into first but not reverse.My husband can put it into reverse from the engine just not with the stick. Any suggestions?
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
If this is an automatic transmission this fault here can be caused by a fault with the automatic shifter cable itself,I have seen the cable corrode or bind internally in its housing causing this issue here.If this has not been checked to see if this is the cause this needs done.
Thanks Pete