Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 yrs. experience with auto, manual, & CVT drivelines
2499435

Commander: I have a 2006 jeep commander 2wd. 3.7 v6. I've noticed

Customer Question

I have a 2006 jeep commander 2wd. 3.7 v6. I've noticed when you go to take off it won't shift out of first in auto or manual mode. If I shut it off for a few minutes it drives fine. Then other times I'll be driving and it won't shift down. But again if I stop and put it in park and shut it off for a few minutes it drives fine again for awhile. I pulled the codes and it has a P0700, P0752, P0753. I've read that the esm is probably bad. But that's a very high dollar part to replace. And want to avoid an unnecessary replacement if it's not the actual problem
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I'm Chris. Thanks for seeking us for help.
I am sorry for the delay in getting a response to you. Sometimes we get alot of customers and just can not keep up. Sometimes you just have to wait for the correct tech to login.
Do you even still need help. Sometimes customers seek help elsewhere or figure it out on their own before we get to each and everyone.
I am sure I can help a lot or a little at least something if you give me a chance and work with me. I am going to get an answer to you regardless if you reply or not sooner or later.
If your concern is urgent reply and let me know and if you have anything more you think will help me, to help you, let me know. I work on here normally 3pm-3am central.
Thanks Chris
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have a 2006 jeep commander 2wd. 3.7 v6. I've noticed when you go to take off it won't shift out of first in auto or manual mode. If I shut it off for a few minutes it drives fine. Then other times I'll be driving and it won't shift down. But again if I stop and put it in park and shut it off for a few minutes it drives fine again for awhile. I pulled the codes and it has a P0700, P0752, P0753. I've read that the esm is probably bad. But that's a very high dollar part to replace. And want to avoid an unnecessary replacement if it's not the actual problem