hdgene
hdgene, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  25 Years Automotive experience,ASE Master & L1 certified. Ford certified trans rebuilder
285738

Mercury Sable: I have 3 codes coming up po734, po741,p1785,

Customer Question

I have 3 codes coming up po734, po741,p1785, transmission fluid does not have a smell and is clean. I was told that it had to be replaced car will not move was making a little noise like the converter bolts were lose sometimes no noise. check engine light is on o/d lite is flashing car has 24k miles thanks for any info Willie
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  hdgene replied 1 year ago.
P0734 indicates the trans is slipping when it upshifts into 4th gear. P0741 is a torque convertor clutch code. P1785 indicates a failure of the low one way clutch and no 1-2 shift. So it appears most likey the root problem is with the low one way clutch even though the fluid looks ok, it would need to be either removed and torn down and overhauled or the transaxle replaced.