Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 yrs. experience with auto, manual, & CVT drivelines
2499435

Dodge Ram: 2001 dodge ram pu, on the way home after work, engine

Customer Question

2001 dodge ram pu, on the way home after work, engine felt as if had no power. After flooring gas peddle it took 4500 rpm to shift. once shifted seemed to only slighty improve. however, had to apply brakes and truck shut down hard as if barks were already on. Pulled emergency brake release and appeared again to get better. Once home my roommate asked why were my brake lights on. After pulling up on brake pedal, brake light went off. Thinking nothing of it, went inside. Only to find later that when tried to restart, had no response to key. the radio and lights all work and voltage was even 12.3. Does this sound like a starter? Desperate help needed.
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome!
Did you still need help?
Are you saying that the engine will not even crank over at all?
Are you looking for some possible causes or would you like me to walk you through this diagnoses?
Amedee