Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 yrs. experience with auto, manual, & CVT drivelines
2499435

Volvo V70 X/C AWD: 2000 Volvo V70 with 116k miles. Transmission

Customer Question

2000 Volvo V70 with 116k miles. Transmission slips if you push on the accelerator pedal too hard. Will back up just fine when engine idle? What is wrong?
Solenoid or something similar?? Estimated repair cost?
Require a transmission rebuild? This is something I would not do, estimated repair cost?
If requires a transmission rebuild, I would consider a used transmission for ~$700. I have done a lot of mechanic work but not on a Volvo, any particular red flags if I was to replace with used meaning, computer etc...
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I'm Chris. Thanks for seeking us for help.
I am sorry for the delay in getting a response to you. Sometimes we get alot of customers and just can not keep up. Sometimes you just have to wait for the correct tech to login.
Do you even still need help. Sometimes customers seek help elsewhere or figure it out on their own before we get to each and everyone.
I am sure I can help a lot or a little at least something if you give me a chance and work with me. I am going to get an answer to you regardless if you reply or not sooner or later.
If your concern is urgent reply and let me know and if you have anything more you think will help me, to help you, let me know. I work on here normally 3pm-3am central.
Thanks Chris
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Chris,
I appreciate the offer but I s looking for help on specific answers in a timely manner which did not happen. I obviously ways my money and will not use JustAnswer again as they will take my money quickly and not deliver.
Sorry you wish not to continue. If you change your mind and want my help with this internal clutch seal failure.