Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 yrs. experience with auto, manual, & CVT drivelines
2499435

Camry LE: i have a 99 toyota camry 4 cylinder auto trans. the

Customer Question

i have a 99 toyota camry 4 cylinder auto trans. the transmission does not shift back into low gear when i stop.it shifts back to second gear so i have to manually shift back to low gear to take off once moving i can shift into drive and everything works good
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I'm Chris. Thanks for seeking us for help.
Can I get the trouble code number so I can provide the diag steps for it. Possible causes are:
1st or 2nd solenoid failure
TP sensor
ECM
1-2 shift valve
2nd clutch brake
You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.
Thanks Chris