Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 yrs. experience with auto, manual, & CVT drivelines
2499435

Ford Escape XLT w 4WD: My 2003 Ford escape will not go into

Customer Question

My 2003 Ford escape will not go into overdrive. It has 120000 miles and I had the fluid replaced at 70000 miles. The transmission service light is now on but not blinking. The regular gears shift and work fine. What should I do?
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I'm Chris. Thanks for seeking us for help.
We need to see if there is a switch or wiring issue getting an incorrect overdrive cancel switch signal to the PCM.
Open the file below
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/90220402/03escapeOD.pdf
You mentioned your not working on the vehicle. With the car in park and running and the OD cancel light on, unable to turn it off. You need to check PCM connector 175 pin 29 black wire. It should not have power.
You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.
Thanks Chris