Pete, Automotive Mechanic
Experience:  GM and Mercedes vehicle technician.17 years experience.
14928985

Ram 2500: my gear box downshifts and is lazy to change gears

Customer Question

Hi my gear box downshifts and is lazy to change gears 1 to 2 or 3 , Ive changed the solenoid and sensor and havnt improved . tks
ram 2500 2003 200000 miles
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
One common component that can cause the shifting and transmission operation issues here is the throttle position sensor itself.If this sensor is reading incorrectly and sending incorrect throttle position signals the transmission will not operate properly.If this has not been tested at all this needs done and if found to be the fault it will need replaced to correct this issue here.
Thanks Pete