Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert
26942375

BMW DCT Clutch Removal Tool Question (23 0 400). I need to

Customer Question

BMW DCT Clutch Removal Tool Question (23 0 400). I need to replace DCT Clutch on E92 M3 and need a tool 23 0 400, but BMW dealer won't sell it to me. Of course, I could make it if I knew the dimensions for machining. So, I need help with those dimensions/blueprint.
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  JayPutelis replied 1 year ago.
Hi there,
THe tool you need can be purchased online for around $190. Its currently in stock.
The link to the company is provided here: http://www.sspperformance.com/bmw-dct-gs7d36sg/bmw-dct-clutch-removal-tool.html
Please don't forget to leave a positive rating, as this is the only way I receive credit for my work and time.
Thanks, JP
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My question wasn't where to buy it.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I need dimensions so I can manchined it myself. Tool can be purchased for ca. 80€ at Schmiedmann (Denmark), or ca. 40€ HCB (Taiwan), but delivery times doesn't fit my schedule. My local BMW dealer (Croatia) won't sell it to independent workshops.
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.
BMW does not publish dimensions or blueprints exactly for this reason. They do not want people making their own or facilitating the mass manufacture of aftermarket versions.
There is no chance you will be able to find this info from any source, it does not exist. Your only option is to order the tool from a supplier offering it, or pay the dealer to do the work if you are on a tight schedule.