sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep master tech ASE Master and Advanced Certified, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep Master Certified, Trans Specialist
9825021

Dodge Carvan: Tim.... Target car is 2001 Dodge Caravan.

Customer Question

Hello Tim.... Target car is 2001 Dodge Caravan. Transmission is in limp mode. Code scans p0615,p0600,p0700.
In addition, the engine is leaking coolant from the back side of the engine, between the transmission and the block.
Category: Transmissions
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Two other things to note, so you have a complete picture. The turn signal cluster that is on top of the dash is sitting outside of it's housing. And the fuse block under the hood does not have the top on it.
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!
THe leak between the engine and bellhousing will be a freeze plug on the back of the block.
P0615 is for a communication error between the engine and trans controller. P0700 just sets in the PCM when there is a code stored in the TCM, this is just informational.
P0615 isn't a valid code but I'm wondering if it was actually a P0605, which is an internal TCM failure. Can you double check to see if it was actually P0605?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes... tomorrow morning I'll check and report back.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
You are correct. P0605 and P0700.
P0605 is an internal failure of the TCM. This sets when the TCM is failing it's internal self tests, replacing the TCM will be necessary to repair this. Replacing the TCM should also take care of the P0600.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Are freeze plugs standard size? How would I go about ordering them. And also... where do you recommend acquiring a tcm?
You can either order the freeze plugs by part number from your dealer or remove the old ones to match up at a parts store.
You can purchase a reman TCM from your dealer or a used one from a salvage yard.