Greg
Greg, Technician
Experience:  17 years Shop Owner /Technician. 27 years experience
29331485

RANGER: 04 RANGER XL 2WD WE REMOVED TORQUE CONVERTOR AND INSTALLED

Customer Question

04 RANGER XL 2WD WE REMOVED TORQUE CONVERTOR AND INSTALLED A NEW PUMP AND NOW WE CANT GET THE COVERTOR ALL THE WAY IN.
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  Greg replied 1 year ago.
Name is***** goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back,

When you have the converter half way in then you have to turn it left and right fast with at the same time pushing it inward. if this does not work you may of bought the wrong pump .remember its a two stage fitting first half then twist left and right until it catches the second stage .

Try this then let me know if you still having a problem ..

Please rate my help a good to excellent .

If not ready to rate don't rate poor or bad service as we can continue to work or I can opt out and recommend another expert .

After accepting there is no extra charge for further assistance.

If I don't reply soon I will as quickly as I can when i get back on line.

Kind regards Greg
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's a three stage and it says the pin on the converter should be 10-14 mm below the the face of the bell housing, we can only get it dropped two positions
Expert:  Greg replied 1 year ago.
Hi Phil .

When my transmission tech comes in i will ask Him ,not come across one like this on a ranger .

Rgds Greg
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

OK THANK YOU

Expert:  Greg replied 1 year ago.
Hi Phil .

Okay you are right, has a three stage , he said first check that the inside of the converter has not been damaged, the pump side also not damaged , sometimes have a little dent that you may have to file down ...

Then like any other torque you fit as said, and on the last stage you have to use a little force when twisting left and right .

With the pump you fitted you can not fit a wrong one,as only one type was made to fit this transmission .

So try a little force ..

Rgds Greg