Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  35 years working on Ford, Lincolns and Mercs.
7276279

I have an issue with a 2004 highlander v6 mileage 129k,

Customer Question

Hello, I have an issue with a 2004 highlander v6 mileage 129k, once I accelerate and come to a complete stop suddendly it feelsnlike it shifts down hardat a stop, if I drive and stop normal nothing is felt, thenother issue have code p0128 , should I replace thermostat or somenother isssue , where is thermostat located.
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

The code P0128 is in most cases set due to a failing thermostat so since thats the only code you are getting you need to address it first. I would start with replacing it and then clear the code and see if anything comes back. The shifting concern may or may not be related but the code needs to be addressed first to determine if that is the case. See the replacement steps in the link below.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/Thermostat%20May%2027.pdf