Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  35 years working on Ford, Lincolns and Mercs.
7276279

Dakota: 2006 dodge Dakota-transmission problem-always know

Customer Question

2006 dodge Dakota-transmission problem-always know when problem is going to begin because ignition switch will not work on first try. When it starts and is put in gear- it shifts hard and starts of in 2nd gear. It will shift to 3rd but not to od. Usually if I stop the car and hit the ignition switch 3 times and then start it will shift correctly.. The transmission light will stay on for a while then go off, or it will go off if I disconnect the battery.
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
When the transmission light comes on the system will set and store a fault code and or codes, before you disconnect the battery again or replace any parts get the system scanned and see what the fault codes are that should be setting .Most part stores will run a system scan for you at no charge. Get me the faults codes and post back and we can work from there.