sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep master tech ASE Master and Advanced Certified, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep Master Certified, Trans Specialist
9825021

Nissan Altima: I have a 2006 Nissan Altima 2.5 engine with

Customer Question

I have a 2006 Nissan Altima 2.5 engine with no light on the dash, and the car won't pick up speed, is there a sencor that controls the engine and transmission, because transmission is not changing.
Category: Transmissions
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!
If the transmission won't change ratios or won't shift (depending on which trans you have) then it's in limp in. Either the trans controller itself isn't awake or it has seen a problem that could cause damage or lack of proper control, and it's preventing shifting.
There are many possible causes ranging from the TCM itself, wiring, internal transmission, solenoids, speed sensors and pressure switches.
The first thing that will need to be done is use a scan tool to see if the TCM will communicate, and if it does what fault codes are set.