Tim's Auto Repair
Tim's Auto Repair, Mechanic
Experience:  I have been rebuilding automatic transmissions for 25 years
14541291

Chrysler town&country: 2003town&country transmission shift

Customer Question

2003town&country transmission shifting from rev. to drive may be control module.
Category: Transmissions
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
was driving van stop to back up came to a stop feels like brakes are engage.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
goes in reverse and drive okey doesn't move no fluids leaking.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Tim's Auto Repair replied 1 year ago.
Hi,My name is Tim,
I will do my best to assist you
sorry for the delay..
please explain your question,,are you saying when you put it in gear it binds up?
please explain
thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes
ok
if it binds in gear,,i would think you have a major problem with this a604 transmission,,it sounds as if you may have a broken internal hard part,somtimes the ring gear pin will come loose in these and the housing in the differential..
i dont see an easy fix for this one,,i would think the transmission will need to be rebuilt or replaced
thanks
If you are satisfied with my answer, Please Rate my answer by clicking the rating button so I can get credit for my work. I’m not always going to be giving you good news, so please don't let this stand in the way of you accepting my answer. .it does not cost you more money and we will still be able to communicate, ,.please understand, i can not see, hear or touch the vehicle and only know what you tell me. Bonuses and positive feedback are appreciated.. if you are not satisfied with my answer, please do not leave bad feed back ,i will gladly opt out and let another expert handle the question. .if i have sent any diagrams, please print them. .sometimes you may need to right click the image [,then save picture as]to save it to your computer so you can open it with your picture program...Please ask if you need more help.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thanks to getting back with me.
you are very welcome..i wish i had better news
thanks