Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 yrs. experience with auto, manual, & CVT drivelines
2499435

Dodge neon sport: I had to replace rear main seal...got that

Customer Question

I had to replace rear main seal...got that done reinstalled tranny and hooked everything back up correctly.. now my shifter won't change the gears at all fells like its stuck somewhere.. and the gears them selves feel really stiff or hard to change even by hand any ideas
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I'm Chris. Thanks for seeking us for help.
The first thing you would need to perform is a manual test shifting the gears with the shift linkage not connected to the transmission. There should be little to no resistance requiring on 2 finger to shift it.
You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.
Thanks Chris