The Audi Doctor
The Audi Doctor, Technician
Experience:  Over 30 years experience, 17 years with Audi, Factory trained
9204914

02 1.8T with triptronic trans. Throwing P1780 and the low

Customer Question

02 1.8T with triptronic trans. Throwing P1780 and the low maf circuit code. Don't remember at the moment. ASR light lit solid and shifts hard. Any suggestions?
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  The Audi Doctor replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for using just answer. Hopefully this will be an easy one. For using just answer. Hopefully this will be an easy one. Harsh shifted and P1780 are the symptoms you will experience if the MAF is disconnected. I suggest you inspect the Mass Air Flow sensor wiring and connector. The MAF the apple sized intake air volume measuring device located in or on the air filter housing. If the wiring and connections are good it would take some testing with a volt ohm meter and am electrical manual to verify the cause. If you wanted to take a chance you could simply replace the MAF, but be sure to get a good look at the wiring and especially the connector first.
Let me know what you find and I will be happy to further assist you.
Thank You! Jake