Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 yrs. experience with auto, manual, & CVT drivelines
2499435

Armada: My 2010 nissan armada has 62000 mIles and will not

Customer Question

My 2010 nissan armada has 62000 mIles and will not go in reverse. Yesterday I tried to go in reverse and the engine cooling fan and complete clutch came off the shafts and ripped through my radiator, breaking the fan to pieces and now I have to replace the radiator. I don't know what happened but, I think I should replace the the fan with an electric radiator fan and take the load completely off the engine. Please expla in to me how this could have happened and if changing to electric is a good idea. Thank you
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I'm Chris. Thanks for seeking us for help.

When this occurred and you tried reverse, did it stall the engine?

Were you high reving the engine to try and get reverse to engage?

Yes swapping to an electric fan is a good idea. This will cool the radiator better as well as free up some extra horsepower for the engine.

You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.

Thanks Chris

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

You didn't answer my question.. You asked more questions to my question.. What is this?

I have to ask questions to get all the information I need to give you an accurate answer. I did answer part of your question.

" I think I should replace the the fan with an electric radiator fan and take the load completely off the engine. Please expla in to me how this could have happened and if changing to electric is a good idea."