sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep master tech ASE Master and Advanced Certified, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep Master Certified, Trans Specialist
9825021

Land rover Range Rover hse: I have a 2006 Range Rover he's

Customer Question

I have a 2006 Range Rover he's 4.4 I had the transmission serviced because it was leaking fluid. When I got it back it was occasionally not down shifting. There was a message limited gears transmission fault.
It has a code uo122. What should I do?
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!
This code sets when communication with the dynamics control module (ABS module) is lost. This could be a handful of things.
The problem could be the module itself and it's affecting the transmission since speed sensor signals are lost. The problem could be the module itself or a loss of power or ground to it.
It's also possible that communication in general is being lost and no modules are able to communicate with each other. This could be a failure in any module or a short to power or ground on the communication bus circuits.
It will take some electrical testing at the time the problem is happening to see what is going on. The first thing that will need to be done is see what modules do and don't communicate. If it's only the ABS module then it's powers and grounds will need to be tested to see if you have a module issue or wiring problem causing it to go down.