Fix_It_Man
Fix_It_Man, Repair Supervisor
Experience:  ASE Master Certified, L! Advanced Level with over 20 years of experience.
1627031

I'm leasing a Ford Explorer 2012 8 months.

Customer Question

Hi, I'm leasing a Ford Explorer 2012 for another 8 months. 65,000 km on it, and it is starting to jolt when it is shifting gears inbetween stop signs... generally runs well once I'm on the road or highway. what's broken? (I don't know how to check the transmission fluid)
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  Fix_It_Man replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is***** for the question. If I am not online when you return please give me some time to get back to you. Can you tell me which engine it has and if it is 2 or*****
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi
2012 Escape XLT 4x2 200A
103" wheelbase
IVCT 2.5 l I4 engine
6-speed auto 6f mid range
Problem happens under 35kph
I'm guessing this isn't a power train warranty item?
Please let me know if any more information would be useful - I lost my job last year so I'm not in a position to fix this but would really like to do at least one 1000km road trip from Toronto to Chicago
Cheers
Patrick
Expert:  Fix_It_Man replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. There are a lot of common issues with the programming for the transmission. This will definitely cause this to occur. You should still have a warranty on the vehicle so I would advise to take it to the dealer and allow them to diagnose it and program it if needed. Feel free to let me know if you have any questions about what they tell you.