Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 yrs. experience with auto, manual, & CVT drivelines
2499435

E250: I hv a 05 cargo van that has the smAllee 75 e trans ...when

Customer Question

I hv a 05 cargo van that has the smAllee 75 e trans ...when I put into drive I have to Rev the motor a little then it is in gear and does not slip driving down the road but at a stop sign it does the same thing like it loses pressure when at idle
Category: Transmissions
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Iv changed filter and fluid and the fluid was not low to begin with
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I'm Chris. Thanks for seeking us for help.
Normally needing to increase the rpms to get 1st gear the forward clutch to engage means the valve body has sticking valves or weak or broken springs. The first test to run is a line pressure test with a hydraulic gauge then remove the valve body and air test the clutch. I have both of those procedures if needed.
If the clutch is leaking then the trans will need to be removed and overhauled. If the clutch is not leaking then rebuild the valve body.
You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.
Thanks Chris
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I need to know does your ansewer cost me each response or does the over all conclusion cost the 28 bucks I agreed to?
The website does not allow me to discuss money with customers. I can get customer service to contact you if needed.
I can tell you, you have been charged the question value already. When you rate me, I get a portion of that fee.