Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 yrs. experience with auto, manual, & CVT drivelines
2499435

Cl: My 2001 Acura cl type s is making a knocking/clicking sound

Customer Question

My 2001 Acura cl type s is making a knocking/clicking sound from the gear shifter. It is an automatic. It does it randomly . Even when the car is only in the on position. It also does it driving and idleling and acceration or gear has no correlation with the sound
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  Greg replied 1 year ago.
Name is***** goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back,
You sure it clicking and not knocking and can you feel it in the shifter .irregular clicking or uniformed .
If you put your foot on the brake when parked will it stop clicking
Greg
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Its a knocking sounds for sure. But not coming from the engine. Its like something is not catching at the gear shifter. It did it with the CSR not running just in the on position. Its completely random and has stopped since but did it on and off tmfor two days. It is a very loud knock.
Expert:  Greg replied 1 year ago.
Okay thank you .
I though you had a clicking noise which is common on this for the solenoid to fail and click on and off .
Sadly in your case I've no idea and will have to opt out and see if another expert can help you .
Rgds Greg
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Well its a super super loud click that resembles a knock . Thanks for your help