MoparHeat
MoparHeat, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Chrysler Master Technician, 8+ years with Chrysler, ASE Certified Automotive Technician
67978266

I currently own a new Cherokee latitude vehicle with a 3.2

Customer Question

I currently own a new Cherokee latitude vehicle with a 3.2 liter v-6 engine , 9 speed automatic transmission, and I have been told it has a transmission cooler which is capable of towing up to 4,500 pounds once I install a tow package ( consisting of tow bar, wiring, adapter,etc.)
The vin # ***** *****
Can you tell me if this vehicle is capable as specified above to tow up to 4,500 # ***** will I need to install a larger transmission cooler?
And finally, the truth of the matter is this. I need to tow 2,950 # ***** than 4,500#
It is vitally important that I know the answer so I can either use the vehicle as it exists or modify it to prevent overheating and transmission damage.
Please advise Asap.
Wilbur Robinson (###) ###-####***@******.***
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  MoparHeat replied 2 years ago.
Hello! Thank you for your inquiry. My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you...
The cooler the vehicle is equipped with is efficient enough to tow up to 4,500 pounds with no overheating issues. I would recommend no more than 4,200 pounds. Even though it is rated for 4,500 pounds it's always best not to push the limits if you know what I mean. It will tow your 3,000 pound trailer with no issues.
I hope this helps! If you need more help or information please let me know. Thank you!
Expert:  MoparHeat replied 2 years ago.
Hello!
Just checking in to make sure you have read my answer. Please let me know if you need anything else.
Thank you!