Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 yrs. experience with auto, manual, & CVT drivelines
2499435

2002 F150 5.4L I rebuilt the 4r70w and am having issues with

Customer Question

2002 F150 5.4L I rebuilt the 4r70w and am having issues with the Following: No forward or rev unless you put it in manual 1 first then bring up into D. Has no line pressure in Park but has 75psi in 1M. No pressure in forward clutch tap in D or 2M until you first shift into 1M and then up to 2M or D. Shifting up from 1M yields 75psi on the forward clutch through OD and yields 50psi shifting to neutral and rev. At this point the vehicle still is in a forward gear. The direct clutch has no psi any way it is shifted. The intermediate clutch has no psi until first shifted to 1M then has 100psi in L2 and D. Shift solenoids ohm out at 25 ohms. After shifting up from 1M to OD 3rd gear seems missing. On a lift you can sometimes pass over 3rd into OD and back to 2nd with no issues.
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I'm Chris. Thanks for seeking us for help.
Based on your pressure tests and symptoms. This failure looks to be the valve body. Valves binding, spring broken or weak, body over torqued or warped. Can you get the valve body out for an inspection?
You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.
Thanks Chris