Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  35 years working on Ford, Lincolns and Mercs.
7276279

Mercury marque: i have a mercury marquis as long as I stay

Customer Question

i have a mercury marquis as long as I stay under 50 its ok but when I go over 50 the engine goes way up but the does not go any faster I just had the tranny rebuilt
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  Ron replied 2 years ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

If the engine is reving and not pulling then that indacates the transmission is still slipping. SInce you have had it rebuilt then you need to return to the shop the did the rebuild and have them recheck the overhaul. When the transmission slips it is usually caused to a loss of internal pressure.