Tim's Auto Repair
Tim's Auto Repair, Mechanic
Experience:  I have been rebuilding automatic transmissions for 25 years
14541291

Ialready changed the trans controlsolenoid and output speed

Customer Question

Ialready changed the trans controlsolenoid and output speed senor and driver gear switch and cumputer mudal on my 1990 grand voge van was running great for 2 weeks left me strand graes were not switching now at home it would move in the driveway but reverse
would not very hard sometimes wont change cant drive it
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  Tim's Auto Repair replied 1 year ago.
Hi,My name is Tim,
I will do my best to assist you
are you saying you have no reverse at all now?
please explain
thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have no reverse have to push it drives forward somebody things i have a bad switch
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i could drive it around the block but not far without revers sounds like it is not chanding gears
Hi,My name is Tim,
I will do my best to assist you
sorry,but this is not a bad switch and,it is not electrical.
your problem is an internal mechanical failure,
the reaction carrier shell or the sun gear has broken on the inside of the transmission,sorry,there is no easy fix,the transmission will need to be rebuilt or replaced
thanks
If you are satisfied with my answer, Please Rate my answer by clicking the rating button so I can get credit for my work. I’m not always going to be giving you good news, so please don't let this stand in the way of you accepting my answer. .it does not cost you more money and we will still be able to communicate, ,.please understand, i can not see, hear or touch the vehicle and only know what you tell me. Bonuses and positive feedback are appreciated.. if you are not satisfied with my answer, please do not leave bad feed back ,i will gladly opt out and let another expert handle the question. .if i have sent any diagrams, please print them. .sometimes you may need to right click the image [,then save picture as]to save it to your computer so you can open it with your picture program...Please ask if you need more help.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
cause when i drive it makes like a some noise so that is the shell that is broken thanks
yes..that is a broken component in the transmission,,sorry
thanks