Tim's Auto Repair
Tim's Auto Repair, Mechanic
Experience:  I have been rebuilding automatic transmissions for 25 years
14541291

Transmissions Ram 1500: I have a 1997 Dodge Ram 1500 5.2 with

Customer Question

I have a 1997 Dodge Ram 1500 5.2 with a 46RE transmission, just installed the governor switch and solenoid along with the overdrive solenoid and converter solenoid, I was getting a PO740 so I tried to fix the problem by replacing all those things and now I've lost power (maybe because of the cable I'm guessing) and I'm slipping and banging into 2nd gear besides that it drives fine, also now I'm still getting the PO740 and a PO783. Is there anything else I can do or would you think the transmission is done?
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  Tim's Auto Repair replied 1 year ago.
Hi,My name is Tim,
I will do my best to assist you
sense it is now slipping..i would think the transmission is now done,,from the way you explain,i would think it needs to be rebuilt or replaced,sorry,i dont see an easy fix for this one
thanks
If you are satisfied with my answer, Please Rate my answer by clicking the rating button so I can get credit for my work. I’m not always going to be giving you good news, so please don't let this stand in the way of you accepting my answer. .it does not cost you more money and we will still be able to communicate, ,.please understand, i can not see, hear or touch the vehicle and only know what you tell me. Bonuses and positive feedback are appreciated.. if you are not satisfied with my answer, please do not leave bad feed back ,i will gladly opt out and let another expert handle the question. .if i have sent any diagrams, please print them. .sometimes you may need to right click the image [,then save picture as]to save it to your computer so you can open it with your picture program...Please ask if you need more help.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What's cheaper/better? Rebuild or new? This current one is from a junk yard
sorry i missed you,,i would think it is cheaper to rebuild,,you really cant buy a new one,if you buy from a dealer it will be re manufactured
thanks