Pete, Automotive Mechanic
Experience:  GM and Mercedes vehicle technician.17 years experience.
14928985

Volkswagen Golf GLS: I have a 2001 Golf GLS 4-door hatchback

Customer Question

I have a 2001 Golf GLS 4-door hatchback that recently hard shifts from 3rd gear after about 15-20 minutes of driving
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
One common issue that causes this is debris build up in the transmission valve body itself,In some cases you can have the transmission flushed to free up and remove debris from it to correct this here and in other cases the valve body itself needs replaced.
I would try a flush by a shop or dealer with a flush machine using the correct transmission fluid and if this doesn't correct the fault here then I would have the transmission tested further to see if the valve body itself needs replaced.
Thanks Pete
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

I am following up with you to see if you still needed help with your question you had asked.If my help didn't satisfy your question please let me know so we can continue.

Thanks Pete