Pete, Automotive Mechanic
Experience:  GM and Mercedes vehicle technician.17 years experience.
14928985

Transmissions A4LD: I have a 1994 ford ranger 2WD with the

Customer Question

I have a 1994 ford ranger 2WD with the A4LD overdrive Trans and I took the valve body out to replace upper and lower gaskets and installed transgo shift correction kit to fix my 2nd to 3rd gear flare, and took out rear servo and replaced seals on it and bunch of springs shift kit came with, but it didn't come with an extra check ball that I needed to put into valve body so I put it up with out it, and had reverse for the first day or two, then lost it completely. You can shift into R and there is
No motor hesitation or clunk or anything. So deff something not engaging in tranny right
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here. My info is limited on your model here but I see no one else has responded and thought I would see if I can help here. It sounds like either it wasn't put back together properly and is causing this issue here or on some models I have seen the incorrect bolts being placed back into the valve body in the incorrect locations cause this issue as well.I would re check the work that was done to see if either of these are the cause here needing corrected. Thanks Pete