Kenny Z.
Kenny Z., Master Trans Tech
Experience:  Over 25 years Experience repairing Transmissions
9600325

Lincoln LS Sport: I have an 00 Lincoln LS V8 5r55S Trans with

Customer Question

I have an 00 Lincoln LS V8 5r55S Trans with the slap shift option. I was wondering how much ATF I would need to completely flush and swap the fluid for fresh. Plus do you know if Royal Purple 75w-140 rear diff oil would have the necessary friction modifier additive needed already?
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  Kenny Z. replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is***** and thanks for your question.
If you are just draining the pan then about 3.5 to 4 quarts.
The transmission holds about 10 quarts. The only way to get a full fluid change is to have it flushed with a flush machine that attaches to the cooler lines. You need to add the friction modifier to the royal purple.
Expert:  Kenny Z. replied 1 year ago.
If you need more help, please use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If you do not require further assistance, kindly rate my service as you see fit. Rating does not close the question if you have follow up questions. Thanks!