Pete, Automotive Mechanic
Experience:  GM and Mercedes vehicle technician.17 years experience.
14928985

Infiniti I30: Infiniti I30 2001. At times, in hot weather,

Customer Question

Infiniti I30 2001. At times, in hot weather, will not shift up from low gear. Waiting a couple minutes after shutting off the engine the car will run OK. This happens more often especially in hot weather.
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
There are two common faults for this issue here.First is an electronic shift solenoid failing needing replaced or the transmission valve body itself at fault intermittently acting up needing replaced.
If your check engine light has come on with this fault here the first thing that needs done is to have the fault codes checked to see what codes are set.Then from there those codes diagnosed to locate and repair this fault.If there is no check engine light with this fault here what needs done is to have the solenoids and valve body tested to pinpoint the cause then repaired from there.
Thanks Pete