Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  35 years working on Ford, Lincolns and Mercs.
7276279

What are the procedures for replacing the transmission in a

What are the procedures for replacing the transmission in a 2000 mercury sable with a 3.0l engine and the transmission is a AX4N model.
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  Ron replied 12 months ago.
Hello and thank you for your question,

I have enclosed the Factory steps for removing and replacing the transmission on your 2000 Sable, CLICK HERE. If you have more questions and or need more help, please let me know.
Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience: 35 years working on Ford, Lincolns and Mercs.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

Hi Ron. can you give me the procedures for removing the sub frame on this?

Expert:  Ron replied 11 months ago.

Sure thing Jeff, CLICK HERE for the sub frame steps.

Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

When putting this back together is there a procedure for correct alignment of the engine and sub frame?

Expert:  Ron replied 11 months ago.
There is no alignment , it only mounts one way and once the mounting botls are in place you should be fine.
Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

Hello Ron. I am just about to drop the sub frame from this. where is the best place to connect the 3 bar engine support to. I dont find any engine brackets to hook chains to on this , like they used to have in the good old days?

Expert:  Ron replied 11 months ago.
There should be some support brackets but if not then use the exhaust manifolds, there are usually brackets on both side of the engine that you can place the hooks in.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

the weight of this wont bust those exhaust manifolds?

Expert:  Ron replied 11 months ago.
No, it will not bust them just make sure they clear the valve covers.
Ron, ASE Certified Technician