Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 yrs. experience with auto, manual, & CVT drivelines
2499435

Volkswagen vw jetta wagon: 2001 vw jetta 2.0 liter o1m trans

2001 vw jetta 2.0 liter o1m trans bind up on 3 4 shift . unit has been overhauled with rebuilt valve body and new internal harness and solenoids . acts exactly same . what the h*** is goin on ! not the trans .!
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 11 months ago.

Hello, I'm Chris. Welcome and thanks for asking your question!

This is an info request, it is not an answer. This is a generic response, I send out to customers that have been waiting an excessive amount on us techs to help them (you) out. First off before I go into detail in an answer or an info request. I need to know, do you still need help? I realize you have been waiting a while and in some cases customers had to seek help elsewhere and or they solved the concern on there own. I and the website are sorry you had to wait, we do want to earn your business and have you log off with a great experience.

If you still need help, please make sure you included the year, make, model, trim level, and engine liter size. Also please let me know of any repairs or diagnostic steps you have done so far. Also let me know your skill level so I can tailor my response to fit your needs.

I work the evening shift, so that is when I will respond, I have to address all waiters in order, so there may be some delay in my responses, but I promise I will do my best to help in a timely matter. Please do not relist, since that will remove you from my waiter list and I will have no clue you still need help.

Thanks Chris.

>

>

Customer: replied 11 months ago.

i believe all the info you requested is in my question . i am a highly experienced mechanic . it had an internal harness with 162000 ohms resistance on some of the wires when ohm checked by itself not connected on either end .im thinking bad tcm ?

I am also thinking its a solenoid switch issue in the TCM where as its not cycling the solenoids on and off at a fast enough speed resulting in a solenoid staying on to long resulting in 4th trying to engage when 3rd has not yet let go.

Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience: 16 yrs. experience with auto, manual, & CVT drivelines
Hello again Chris here.

It has been a few days, so I am just checking in with you to see if you still need help with the concern we worked on, and if not to say Thanks.

Also note we have about 80 categories from medical to boats to small engines to legal to whatever you can think of. If you have any other questions give us a shot with another question.

Thanks Chris
.
.