Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 yrs. experience with auto, manual, & CVT drivelines

Ford Mustang: I have a 1994 Ford Mustang convertible that is

I have a 1994 Ford Mustang convertible that is shifting hard and can't make up its mind whether it wants to be in 2nd or 3rd gear. Code came up as PO707, husband put a transmission range switch, but car is still doing the same thing and engine light is still on and code is the same. Any suggestions? Thanks!

Hello, I'm Chris. Welcome and thanks for asking your question!

This code indicates a electrical issue with the TR sensor. Unplug the PCM and TR sensor and ohm test from both ends the GY/RD wire at the TR to pin 91 at the PCM then do the same on the LB/YE wire at the TR to pin 64 at the PCM. Verify battery voltage at the TR with the key on at the PK/OR wire. If all tests pass then OHM test the LBYE wire to power and ground, if its shows no continuity then replace the PCM.

Hello again Chris here.

It has been a few days, so I am just checking in with you to see if you still need help with the concern we worked on, and if not to say Thanks.

Also note we have about 80 categories from medical to boats to small engines to legal to whatever you can think of. If you have any other questions give us a shot with another question.

Thanks Chris
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Chris! I want to say thank you for answering our question. Unfortunately, my husband wasn't able to find the time to check what you had stated, and we took it in to a Ford dealership and they couldn't figure it out either. They cleared the code completely from the computer and the car ran fine for about four days. Now it's started doing the same thing. GRRRRRRR....we're taking it to a different Ford dealership to see if they can come up with something. Thank you for your time! ~jeanie

Your welcome