Steve
Steve, ASE Certified Tech
Experience:  More than 30 years experience. ASE Master tech
43460220

my 2001 ford eddie baurer when I statred backing up I felt

my 2001 ford eddie baurer when I statred backing up I felt a snapping jolt,No more reverse!no hint of a problem until then.someone said they've had problems with those trans?what would a quick estimate of cost if this turns out to be the problem?

Steve :

Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you. I am certified in Trans repair with over 25 years of experience. I look forward to working with you.

Steve :

It sounds like the trans needs to be rebuilt or replaced. To rebuild the trans will run around 2 grand.

Customer:

Hello; thanks for your help.I thought that was the problem.I heard they've had problems with reverser bands.If so any kind of recall on them?

Steve :

There are no recalls but there are known concerns.

Customer:

It's a shame I just paid $5800. for it a few months ago and it ran like a top till now.

Steve :

Sorry to hear about that. My trans blew up 2 days before I was going to trade it in on a new ride I had ordered.

Customer:

thank you anyway.