Steve
Steve, ASE Certified Tech
Experience:  More than 30 years experience. ASE Master tech
43460220

explorer: 1998 ford explorer - automatic trans mission fluid

1998 ford explorer - automatic trans mission fluid overfilled - remedy pr0ceedure?
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.

Steve :

Welcome and thanks for your question. My name isXXXXX will do whatever I can to answer your questions!

Steve :

You can loosen the bolts on the trans pan and drain the excess fluid out.

Customer:

Thanks steve. feeling a little stupid right now. How do I get the transmission fliud down to proper level?

Steve :

Customer:

will try that and get back to you

Steve :

ok how much did you over fill it?

Customer:

Not certain - but guess a half quart or more

Steve :

That is not much. In park engine idling how much past the hash marks is the fluid level?

Customer:

I estimate 2 inches - should check again to verify

Steve :

That is more than a half of quart of oil. are you on a flat surface? In park engine idling?

Customer:

yes let me go and re-check and get back to you

Steve :

k

Customer:

I rechecked a yes - 2 inches to 2 1/2 inches

Steve :

then loosen up the pan bolts do not need to take them out, and you can drain the fluid out.

Customer:

I will let you know hoow that goes

Steve :

k

Customer:

well - that was more fun than I was hping for. anyway - it's done and thank very much for the advice.

Steve :

Your welcome

Steve :

Please remember to rate my answer with excellent service, and press the green submit button. Thanks

Steve, ASE Certified Tech
Experience: More than 30 years experience. ASE Master tech