Dave Nova
Dave Nova, ASE Certified Tech
Experience:  ASE Master Certification. 25 yrs experience

With finding code p0700, this transmission slipping happened

With finding code p0700, this transmission slipping happened to us last year. we cleared the code and now just happened again yesterday. is it ok to clear this again or should i take vehical to shop?
Hello and thank you for trusting me with your question. I will do my best to help you with your transmission problem.

The code P0700 sets when there is a fault in the transmission control system and the transmission control module (TCM) sends an error message to the engine control module(ECM). There will be additional trouble codes in the TCM as well. You can try clearing the codes and see if the problem goes away, as this may just be an electrical glitch. If the problem continues then the problem is more serious and should be diagnosed by a shop with the capability to read and diagnose the codes in the TCM.

If you would like any additional information or have more questions please don’t hesitate to ask!

Please remember to only rate my service when you are satisfied. IF you feel the need to rate "Poor Service" or "Bad Service", please stop and reply to me via the REPLY TO EXPERT button with the issue you have. I will be happy to continue further and do everything I can to provide you with the service you seek.

I am not paid unless I get a rating of 3 to 5 Stars/Smiley Faces. If I have helped you with your question, please give me an appropriate rating so that I get credit for helping you.

Thank you,