Brad
Brad, Dealer Technician
Experience:  ASE Master,(L-1) Certified, Transmission Specialist

Chrysler Town & Country LXi: TRANSMISSION WONT SHIFT 4TH.

TRANSMISSION WON'T SHIFT 4TH. OVER REVS HARSHLY ENGAGES. SETTLES INTO LIMP MODE. OBD READER DX'S 0700,0733. THIS WAS AN ALL OF A SUDDEN PROBLEM
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  Brad replied 2 years ago.

Brad :

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX X will be assisting you... The P-0700 is telling you that you have a code in the TCM.. The P-0733 is Gear Ratio Error in 3rd.. How does fluid look?

Customer:

due a filter change, but looks okay not burned

Customer:

I hit accept button in error please continue

Brad :

I don't see where you hit accept... It's fine.. Will it shift into all the other gears fine?

Brad :

Is your speedometer working?

Customer:

yes

Brad :

Click HERE to download the diagnostics for P-0733..

Customer:

done

Brad :

You said that it rev's up when it shifts into OD... Is that the only gear it does that in?

Customer:

no when it attain speed it feels asif it drops the gear and freewheels

Customer:

then it over revs and slams into gear

Customer:

finally

Brad :

I understand... You may have faulty seals, and when it rev's up the pressure gets high enough to slam it into gear...

If you run the diagnostic check for the code P-0733, that will lead you to the faulty part or parts and then you can repair your vehicle...

Brad :

Have I answered all of your questions?

Customer:

finally seems to go into limp mode perhaps second gear

Brad :

Yes, anytime the transmission sees a fault, it will go into limp mode which is 2nd gear

Brad :

if you shut it off, and restart it it will shift again until the fault appears again

Customer:

problems not related to 0700 code and TCM

Brad :

The P0700 is just a code to tell you that you have codes in your TCM

Brad :

Have I answered all of your questions?

Brad :

If you need anything else, feel free to ask

Thanks,
Brad

Brad, Dealer Technician
Experience: ASE Master,(L-1) Certified, Transmission Specialist
Expert:  Brad replied 2 years ago.
What Happens Now?

Your chat has ended, but you can still work with your Expert to get an answer to your question if you have not yet received one.

Come back to this page at any time to see additional information from your Expert.  You will also receive an email when your question is updated.  If you want to send a message to your Expert, use the box below.

If you have already received a satisfactory answer to your question, click the Accept button above.  Experts are credited for each accepted answer they provide.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
my code reader doesnt give me an more info and my blink codes yield 12,45,55
Expert:  Brad replied 2 years ago.
Code 12 is entering and 55 is exiting the code reading...

Code 45 is Internal Transmission Controller... You need to replace and program your Transmission Controller...