Tim's Auto Repair
Tim's Auto Repair, Mechanic
Experience:  I have been rebuilding automatic transmissions for 25 years
14541291

Saturn v6 vue: 2006 silver nichol color, v6. how to open transmission

2006 silver nichol color, v6. how to open transmission for 100,000 mile severe check. its been to california and back to florida 6 times. vin 5GZC753X6S879694 SATURN VUE. XXX@XXXXXX.XXX, thanks Jean
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  Tim's Auto Repair replied 2 years ago.

Customer:

hi

Customer:

is it a 2 orXXXXX

Customer:

it is a so called sealed transmission..

Customer:

here is the way to check the fluid

Customer:
Customer:

2006 Saturn Truck VUE AWD V6-3.5L VIN 4
Fluid - A/T Service and Repair, Procedures: 5AT Automatic Transmission, Transmission Fluid Replacement

Transmission Fluid Replacement
1. Start the engine until the transmission fluid temperature reaches 60-70°C (140-158°F).
2. Raise and support the vehicle.

05_gc-1227154.png
Full Size Image

3. Remove the drain plug from the transmission. Allow the fluid to completely drain.
4. Remove the gasket from the drain plug and discard.
5. Install the new gasket on the drain plug.

6. Install the drain plug into the transmission.
^ Tighten the drain plug to 49 Nm (36 ft. lbs.).
7. Lower the vehicle.
8. Remove the outlet resonator/duct assembly.

87_gc-1338264.png
Full Size Image

9. Remove the transmission fill plug.

Important: Do not use ATF (P/N 21005966 or P/N 21019223). These fluids are not compatible with this transmission.

10. For AWD vehicles, add approximately 4.1 Liters (4.3 Qt) of Saturn ATF-Z 1 fluid (P/N 22717466) through the transmission fill plug. For FWD vehicles, add approximately 4.5 Liters (4.8 Qt) of Saturn ATF-Z 1 fluid (P/N 22717466) through the transmission fill plug.
11. With the vehicle on a flat level surface, start the engine and operate until the transmission fluid temperature reaches 60 - 70°C (140 - 158°F).
12. Apply the parking brake.
13. Depress the brake pedal and move the shift lever slowly through all gear ranges, pausing approximately 3 seconds in each range.
14. Return the shift lever to the park position.
15. Turn the engine OFF.
16. Pull the transmission level indicator from the transmission in order to check the proper fluid level on the gage.
17. If the fluid is not within the proper range, adjust as necessary.

87_gc-1338264.png
Full Size Image

Important: Make sure the ATF fill plug is clean and free of debris.

18. Install the ATF fill plug into the transmission with a new sealing washer.
^ Tighten the ATF fill plug to 44 Nm (33 ft. lbs.).
19. Install the outlet resonator/duct assembly.

Customer:

Tim's Auto Repair, Mechanic
Experience: I have been rebuilding automatic transmissions for 25 years
<span class="JA_chatAuthorName"Customer:

hi

is it a 2 orXXXXX

it is a so called sealed transmission..

here is the way to check the fluid

2006 Saturn Truck VUE AWD V6-3.5L VIN 4

Transmission Fluid Replacement
2. Raise and support the vehicle.

05_gc-1227154.png
Full Size Image

7. Lower the vehicle.

87_gc-1338264.png
Full Size Image

9. Remove the transmission fill plug.

12. Apply the parking brake.
15. Turn the engine OFF.

87_gc-1338264.png
Full Size Image