Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 yrs. experience with auto, manual, & CVT drivelines

Ford Focus SE: I have a 2006 Ford Focus that will not shift

I have a 2006 Ford Focus that will not shift out into overdrive.When this first happened a code came up PO772.I replaced the part and valve body wiring harness.No more code but transmisson will still not sift into overdrive.Overdrive on/off button on shifter is working fine as is all other gears on this car.
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 4 years ago.

Hello, I'm Chris.
I will do my best to answer your question fast and accurate using the info you have provided. Thanks for visiting Just Answer.

You need to check and see if manual 1st gear works correct. If it does not then you have a faulty shift solenoid A. If it does work correct then you have a faulty shift solenoid C.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
This is a automatic transmisson,4F27E.There is no code coming up on the Focus.When it suppose to shift into overdrive it does not and the o/d light on the dash starts flashing.First gear to second and second to third shift fine and reverse.Just don't have overdrive.
You need to do the steps I mentioned above. See if manual 1st worst correct meaning it engages and drives in 1st and only 1st and it provides engine braking. If it does not work then shift solenoid A is effecting manual 1st and overdrive. If manual 1st is fine then shift solenoid C is bad