Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Attorney with over 24 years of law and traffic law
10285032

I got a ticket in nebraska but have a colorado licence, will

Customer Question

i got a ticket in nebraska but have a colorado licence, will it go on my driving record
JA: Because traffic laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: colorado
JA: Do you need to appear in court?
Customer: no,i have that option but i can also just pay it
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 2 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Colorado DMV states that they do not include minor out of state traffic citations on a driver's license record unless it is a CDL. A regular driver's license someone who receives an out of state citation, such as for speeding, will not have that citation put onto their Colorado driving record. If the citation was for a major violation, such as DUI, that would go on your driving record in Colorado. See: CRS 24-60-1101
Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page , as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.