Ely, Attorney
Experience:  Private practice
7286322

I got a speeding ticket 56mph in a 40 zone how can i fight

Customer Question

I got a speeding ticket 56mph in a 40 zone how can i fight it
JA: Because traffic laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Pa
JA: Do you need to appear in court?
Customer: No i just got ticket but could be faulty info
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I think i can fight just do t know
Category: Traffic Law
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
There is 2 entrences to the st they put on ticket one is the 50 zone and other in 40 zone.. 500ft after sign decreases cause faulty readings? Enradd uses vascar?
Expert:  CriminalDefense replied 3 months ago.

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

Good morning. It is certainly in your best interest to retain a traffic ticket defense attorney to represent you. The first thing which they will want to do, is review the face of the citation and see if there is a legal basis to get it dismissed. If not, they will then have to look over the facts of the case and decide if it is in your best interest to work out a plea deal or to take the case to trial and make the State prove the allegation(s) against you. The officer will need to be present. If he/she fails to appear at trial, the case will likely be dismissed, unless a continuance is granted by the Judge, upon the showing of good cause. If the officer does appear, your attorney will be given a chance to cross examine them and attack their credibility. The attorney is going to want to inspect their documents and log book, to make sure that the speed measuring device was properly calibrated, that they have the citation logged and are certified to use the equipment. Moreover, they will question them about their training and experience, trying to create doubt that they may have not known what they were doing and improperly measured your speed. They will also raise any other possible defenses, which you may have, to try and obtain a finding of not guilty.

I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!