Have Traffic Law Questions? Ask a Traffic Lawyer Online.
Welcome to Just Answer! My name is***** give me a few minutes to review your inquiry. Thank you for your patience.
Was the money paid before the accident or after? Please clarify.
Also, was you policy in effect at the time of the accident?
What about at the time of payment?
What is the reason that they denied the claim?
What did the commissioner say?
1. What was the reason that the policy cancelled on the 8th?
2. Were you given any notice that the policy would be cancelled on the 8th?
Based on what you have stated, it appears to me that the claim was properly denied; but you still should have the option to cancel the pending policy and obtain a refund of the unused premium balance if you decide you want a new insurance company to cover you going forward. The insurer would have a reasonable amount of time to contact the lien holder after the policy actually expired so that issue is a non-starter. Finally, it is unclear why the insurer paid for the vehicle storage if the policy terminated the day before. I suppose one could argue that the insurer would be estopped from denying coverage; but the insurer may plead mistake and seek a refund. So, you may want to let that go.
I know this is not the answer you wanted to hear, but I am assuming that you are paying for a professional and honest answer.
(1) The information I provide is general in nature and for educational purposes only. For example, it may help you identify the scope of receiving unbundled legal services from a local lawyer. It should not be construed as “legal advice” or as the rendition of “legal services” on any subject matter. I am not a specialist in any field. This information may not reflect current legal developments for your specific jurisdiction and is not guaranteed to be correct or complete. No attorney-client relationship is established without a signed written agreement and our communications are not confidential. Please do not act or fail to act based on this information alone. If you need legal advice or services regarding a specific matter, you should consult in-person with a local lawyer who can guide you after reviewing all the pertinent details of your situation. This disclaimer also applies to any telephone communications we may have.
(2) Most follow-up questions are answered with in the hour; however, if I am not signed on, please allow up to 24 hours.
(3) When we are done, please assign a feedback rating.