Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Attorney with over 24 years of law and traffic law
10285032

Recently I passed my permit driving test. When everything

Customer Question

Hello! My name is ***** ***** recently I passed my permit driving test. When everything was ready, they asked for my parents signature, however, I do no live my parents, I live with my aunt and uncle. My parents live in a different country, but I have a letter that says that my aunt and uncle are my guardians, however not "legal" guardians.
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location. Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Minnesota, and no
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: The letter that I have that says my aunt and uncle are my guardians is in Spanish, I would need to translate it right? but if my aunt and uncle are not quite my "legal" guardians, would they still give me my permit ?
Category: Traffic Law
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
are you sure i was not charged?
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 2 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
While you have to get the guardianship document you have translated to English, such a guardianship document is legal for your aunt/uncle to sign for you to obtain your driver's license.
Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page , as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.