RobertJDFL, Attorney
Experience:  Experience in numerous areas of the law.
18284290

I just got a violation for speeding, In PA, It doesn't say i

Customer Question

I just got a violation for speeding
JA: Because traffic laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: In PA
JA: Do you need to appear in court?
Customer: It doesn't say i have to
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 13 days ago.
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  RobertJDFL replied 13 days ago.
I may better assist you, can you give me some more information please? How fast were you going? What specifically is your legal question? Are you asking potential penalties are?
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
i was going 94 on a 65 in a commercial vehicle
Okay, so you have a CDL?If you, as a commercial driver, receive a speeding ticket, there will be points assessed to both your driving record and your CDL. Additionally, points on your CDL will lead to greater insurance costs and can also lead to job loss, license suspension and fines.On your own driving record, you'll pay a fine and get 5 points on your license. You may also pay higher insurance premiums.Moving violations, also known as “Serious Traffic Offenses,” can cause your CDL to be suspended if you obtain two or three within a three-year period. You usually have to commit the violation while driving your commercial motor vehicle (CMV) to have it apply to your CDL, but this is not always the case, as driving recklessly in your own vehicle or violating state or local laws regarding fatal accidents in your own vehicle can also lead to violations applying to your CDL.If you are convicted of two moving violations within a three-year period, you will be disqualified from driving a commercial motor vehicle
for 60 days. If you are convicted of three moving violations within a three-year period, you will be disqualified from driving a CMV for 120 days.